Assignment name: Consultancy Services for Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Bukoba Airport.
Location within the Country: Kagera Region
Name of the Client: Tanzania Airport Authority
Address: P.O Box 3013 Dar Es Salaam
Completion Date: 11/13
Narrative Description of Project: the project provides for new construction/upgrading/rehabilitation of the existing runway by placing 250 mm of the bituminous bound base, 120 mm of binder course and 45 mm of marshal asphalt wearing course. The airport is being upgraded from gravel to bituminous pavement and will be upgraded to CODE 3E in line with ICAO standards. The width of the airport pavement is 30 m. In addition to that, the project also involves the construction of the new terminal building, construction of a new apron, construction of subsoil drainage, and provision of electrometrical and mechanical components/art in the terminal building.
Description of Actual Services provided by your staff:
Advanced Engineering Solution was in charge of:
- Preparation and approval of Quality control and quality assurance plan
- Detailed Engineering survey and cross-sectioning of the runway for computation of the quantity
- Geotechnical investigation before terminal building construction
- Review of pavement design
- Asphalt concrete mix design
- Geometrical design review and improvement for the geometrical features of the runway and taxiways.
- Preparation of various technical reports and correspondences including claims and value engineering proposals.
- Carrying out detailed surveying for setting out the purpose as well as documenting all features for preparation of as-built drawings.
- Preparation of monthly report
- Reviewing and approving the Contractor’s quality assurance plan