CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR CARRYING OUT GEOTECHNICAL INVESTIGATION OF MJONGA BRIDGE IN MVOMERO DISTRICT COUNCIL.
Location within the Country: Morogoro (Mvomero District)
Name of the Client: TARURA – Reginal Manager
Start date 07/2021
Completion Date: 09/2021
Duration of Assignment: 02 Months
Narrative Description of Project:
The main purpose of the ground investigation was to have a clear appreciation of the mechanical and physical properties of the soil strata on which the foundations of the bridge are designed to be installed.
Services Provided by Advanced Engineering Solutions:
- Drilling 4 boreholes within the proposed site to a maximum of 14.5 m depth.
- Performing SPT for soil strata and computing RQD for rock strata found in the borehole.
- Collecting the disturbed and undisturbed samples at appropriate intervals.
- Recording water table level.
- Logging the profiles on each borehole.
- Taking photographs of the profile on each borehole.
- Performing laboratory tests on samples obtained from the site.
- Analyzing and reporting the geotechnical findings.