Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
FEASIBILITY AND ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL STUDY OF "SHINYANGA WATER AND SANITATION PROJECT
Potable water: Feasibility study, Preliminary design, ESIA, RAP and ESMP, detailed design, tender documents for works and for supervision, as well as assistance during the tendering processes;
Sewerage and sanitation: Feasibility study, Preliminary design, preliminary or draft ESIA, RAP and ESMP, tender documents for the design and supervision of the works proposed (call for expression of interest, Request for proposal including ToR);
Technical assistance for project implementation and capacity building of SHUWASA: Support to project management, propositions for capacity building activities including tenders' documents.
■ Construction, extension and renovation of potable water infrastructure (distribution) including
: • Identification, replacement/rehabilitation of old network about 100km length including fittings and expansion of the drinking water distribution network (about 155km);
• Construction of pumping stations, if needed, and storage tanks to provision new neighbourhoods;
• Coverage for all Shinyanga Municipality neighbourhoods: connection to about 80,000 people, approximately 13,000 households, to the drinking water system, including kiosks in disadvantaged neighbourhoods and public places, in order to reach a network connection rate of 95% of the population, including creation of DMAs;
• Isolation of distribution network into DMA for easy control and management of the NRW.
■ Sewerage and sanitation activities such as:
• Creation of a sewer system serving a reasonable part of the population by 2030;
• Construction of a wastewater treatment plant with possible implementation of alternative solutions in peri-urban or low-density areas;
• Construction of toilets in public places of the Municipality;
• Awareness campaign on hygiene, education and specific social actions in the sanitation sector.